Below is a list of emergency services available throughout British Columbia. We do our best to keep this list up to date, but cannot guarantee it as things can change quickly. Please let us know if there is a resource that you feel should be included below, or if you know any of the listings are out of date.
If you need to leave your home quickly, or need information at any time of the day or night, call VictimLINK at 1-800-563-0808.
- VictimLINK can help connect you with a transition house that is open 24 hours a day or other services like a women’s centre or an advocate for further help.
- VictimLINK provides 24-hour service in over 100 languages.
- You can also contact VictimLINK by text messaging at 604-836-6381.
There are also some 24-hour crisis lines that can provide you with emotional support during a crisis, as well as information and referrals:
- BC Crisis Centre Support Line (BC-wide): 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) (You do not need to be thinking about suicide in order to use this service.)
- Via TTY for deaf and hard-of-hearing people: 1-866-872-0113
- Online crisis support service for adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca
- Online crisis support service for youth: www.YouthInBC.com
- Seniors’ Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Women Against Violence Against Women (WAVAW) Rape Crisis Centre: 1-877-392-7583 or 604-255-6344