Are you passionate about gender equality and social justice? Would you like to contribute to the success of a large-scale fundraising event?
West Coast LEAF is looking for volunteers to help with day-of organization of our main fundraising event, the 35th Anniversary Equality Breakfast at 5:30 am on Friday, March 6th, 2020 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
West Coast LEAF works to advance equality in BC for women and people who are discriminated against because of their gender. We do this by delivering legal education programs, advocating for law reform, and conducting equality rights litigation. The Equality Breakfast is West Coast LEAF’s largest annual event, and the biggest legal event in the city. We need your assistance to make it happen!
Volunteer positions available
- Silent Auction/Raffle Attendant
- Assist guests in bidding on silent auction items and entering the raffle, showcase prizes, and ensure guests receive their winnings
- Raffle Ticket Sales
- Encourage guests to buy raffle tickets by promoting raffle items, process credit card payments
- Fund Development Volunteer
- Facilitate guests in giving their donations- collecting cheques and pledge cards
- Showing guests where to find their tables and answering any questions about seating
Volunteering for this event is a fantastic opportunity to network with lawyers, judges, politicians, as well as to hear the keynote speaker, Sandy Hudson, founder of Black Lives Matter in Canada.
In addition, you will be eligible for a letter of reference, one year of complimentary membership at West Coast LEAF, and acknowledgement in the Equality Breakfast program and Annual Report.
Attend ONE of the mandatory orientation sessions at our Downtown Vancouver office:
- February 20th, 6pm -8pm, OR
- February 24th, 6pm- 8pm
Be prepared for an early start! Your volunteer shift on March 6th will be from 5:30 am to 9:30 am.
If you’re interested in volunteering, apply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the orientation session that you would like to attend.
We do not require resumes from those interested in volunteering.