Join West Coast LEAF Staff and Board for our Annual General Meeting (AGM), an exciting new logo reveal, and highlights, calls to action, and ways to support our child welfare advocacy Communities of Practice project.
What: West Coast LEAF’s 2022 AGM
When: Thursday October 20, 2022: check-in & light refreshments from 5:30-6pm PT, program from 6-7pm PT
Where: Multipurpose Room 4, 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver, BC, Unceded Coast Salish Homelands
This event is free of charge and open to members and non-members, but please RSVP to help us plan adequate seating, refreshments, and voting cards.
Do you have any accessibility requests/needs? If so, please email us as soon as possible; we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we will do our best.
Voting & membership
Current members who have been active since at least September 20, 2022 are eligible to vote at this meeting. Not sure if you’re a member? Email Sharon Xia, Manager of Donor Support, to confirm.
While only current West Coast LEAF members are eligible to vote at the AGM, attending is a great opportunity to learn more about our work to advance gender equality in BC. We welcome and encourage non-members to attend.
If you’re not yet a member, we invite you to consider becoming one. It won’t qualify you for voting privileges this year but by becoming a member you join a community fighting for gender justice and equality. A donation of any amount qualifies you to opt in to membership.
Questions about the venue?
• The community centre is listed as fully accessible. Feel free to contact us or the venue directly if you have any questions.
• Parking Lot Details (easypark.ca)
Health and Safety
• We ask that all guests stay fully masked during the event (whenever possible)
• Please stay home if you are not feeling well
• Light refreshments and drinks will be provided from 5:30-6pm
• The large room will have multiple HEPA air purifiers running (this is a change from our original plan to prop open windows/doors due to current outdoor air quality concerns)
• There will be room for socially distanced seating if preferred
Proposed Special Resolution
WHEREAS the directors of the Society have recommended that the by-laws of the Society be repealed and replaced with the new by-laws as posted on the West Coast LEAF website.