About this project
In 2003, West Coast LEAF undertook this transformative public legal education project entitled “Civil Legal Rights of Abused Women” in order to assist women’s advocates to serve women who are leaving abusive situations without legal assistance or with inadequate legal assistance.
We contracted the BC Institute Against Family Violence (BCIFV) and Vancouver Custody and Access Support Advocacy Association (VCASAA) to:
- interview key stakeholders
- identify issues
- develop resource materials
- organize workshops in seven communities
- present workshops prepared by VCASAA
- analyze the issues raised in the workshops
- interviewed workshop participants
- prepared a report.
Click here to read the final report.